Wild Boars by the Lake

Wednesday, December 23, 2009 11:05 PM Posted by Black Scorpion

This picture was taken at Yala Village Srilanka. It is situated next to Yala National park, which is famous for its leopards and wild elephants safari. It’s a site which hosts cabins where tourists stay while on their trip to Yala National Park. Cabins are next to a lake and wild boars of all sizes and ages are roaming around the cabins at all times like dogs and cats.

I took this picture on my way back to my cabin at around sun set time. I saw boars drinking water from the lake. I always loved this sort of pics with only silhouettes visible with interesting surroundings and wanted to have one to my own credits. I stood at a point where my camera frame showed two trees at both ends and I bent my upper body at a 90 degree angle to get the boars and more of left tree to balance the shot. I took this shot with flash off so that the leaves at the front are on that visible.

Comments are welcome! :o)

Camera used: Canon Powershot SD870

5 Response to "Wild Boars by the Lake"

  1. Uncarved Says:

    Lovely shot - love love love the pink of the horizon reflected in the ripply lake waters.

    Only - i wish it were dears than boars :p

    Beautiful none the same. Maybe I wouldnt have noticed right away, but your title made sure I did. But then again, an admirer would always tell since the boar really stands out in its head-form hehe

  2. Nasreen Shehzad Says:

    Good one dude! I like the blackness falling on the trees and the shade of sun set reflecting on the lake, the shade has enhanced the beauty of lake and ofcourse the credit goes to the photographer :P

  3. Sab Says:

    It's just awesome! fantastic view yar...truly artistic...cha gaeen hain aap zub:D

  4. zEro Says:

    Awesome shot. The colors on the lake are serene... the boars are also calm.

    There was a session on HDR at our place. Man was it awesome. I just came up with an awesome idea... I think I'll talk to boss about it.

    Keep snapping please!

  5. Faraz Haider Says:

    That's a beautiful snap shot of nature,

    one of those moments few witness,
    fewer still experience so closely.

    There's clearly so much more that this picture holds 'of experience' in your mind.

Post a Comment

Personal Blogsblog search