2nd Life

Thursday, December 9, 2010 4:16 AM Posted by Black Scorpion
If I had a 2nd life, what would it have been?

One of my friends, Altamash, said, "I know now, that the greatest joy in this life, is art." I have reached such an age with enough experiences under my belt that I understood what he meant. Though perhaps that line would have a much deeper meaning in my life at perhaps in my later years and even now I feel this line and understand it.


Had I have had a 2nd life, I would perhaps only spend that indulging myself in listening to classical music, looking at beautiful paintings, photographs, watching movies..  instead of laboring away in my mundane day to day job and catering to my house hold responsibilities.

Though I am one of those lucky few who has lived a small part of their 2nd life in reality but still, there is much unwatched, unheared and unread and a lot which is ununderstood.

Someday perhaps, I would have enough sensitivity and understanding that I would create something beautiful myself which brings joy to others, allowing them to relish in some old memory or drown them in some beautiful fantasy!

Post inspired by:


Chopin's Prelude Op. 28, No. 4 in E minor

5 Response to "2nd Life"

  1. Umer Says:

    You just quoted Altamash!
    OMG! OMG! OMG!!!!

  2. Bilal Says:

    Yeah, you should start with a short film.

  3. Black Scorpion Says:

    hahah i had to quote the daaen some day! :D

  4. aalahazrat Says:

    Firstly, I am not a daaen, I prefer being known as "the bitch"; thank you very much.

    Secondly, the picture is so seriously beautiful that I can not even begin to describe that our two hour conversation between four people is summed up better than I can do it in ten years. Absolutely beautiful.

  5. Black Scorpion Says:

    yes altamash.. this illustration is by the artist Josephine Wall. She is a beautiful painter.

Post a Comment

Personal Blogsblog search