Caught in Cross fire

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 2:08 AM Posted by Black Scorpion
Yes.. finally it happened!

Before I share with you guys what happened, let me start by telling you all, at the moment I am fully 8 months pregnant or you can say in my 36th week of pregnancy.

Yesterday, it was my second wedding anniversary. On my way back from office, I asked one of my colleagues from office to accompany me and help me buy gifts for my hubby. She agreed, we went to random places and after shopping I was on my way to drop her off at her home who lives in Gulistan-e- Juhar. We were standing at the juhar chorangi signal driving direction was from Juhar mor to juhar. It was about 6:15 pm a little before iftar and very crowded with cars and pedestrians alike.

we just chitting chatting when suddenly we heard crazy firing from our right side. The bustling pre- iftaar last moment iftaar shopping turned into a big panic. People started running shouting "bhaagoo! bhagoo!"(Run! Run!). cars started breaking the signal and driving away fast. My colleague also shouted, " Lets go! Lets Go!" Just when she said that. The car standing on my left just rammed into the car right in front of it. The guy in the car panicked and crashed it into the car in front of him. I carefully maneuvered my car and we too broke the signal and sped away. I reached her place and then i Drove to my place from the back road.

I didn't have the heart to tell my family as that would only scare them for me more, so i only told my husband.

Yes! it was crazy and it was scary. As we saw the news later on, the firing continued for quite some time and 3 people were killed. Karachi's situation is terrible. And we.. the citizens of Karachi live in constant fear and danger. Not sure that whether our family members and us will make it home alive every day or not. This beautiful city is now like battle field. I sincerely hope that things start getting better soon.

2 Response to "Caught in Cross fire"

  1. Umer Says:

    Moral of the story: sit at home now and ask your hubby to do the shopping! :)

    Allah humaray mulk pay reham karay!

  2. Black Scorpion Says:

    haha :D

Post a Comment

Personal Blogsblog search